It takes quite a bit of work to take off acrylic nails. Especially if you want to do it properly and to avoid damaging your natural nails. The process is the same if you used low or high-quality products, however, the way your natural nails will look after completely is different.
If you're thinking of getting fake nail extensions done, go ahead with a Bio Sculpture Gel nail extension. They promote natural nail growth and come off without damaging any of your real nails
Anyways, let's get back on topic of answering the question of "how to take fake nails off". After watching countless youtube videos, practicing on friends, family and customers, I developed a simple step by step process that I follow to remove fake nails.
How to Take Off Acrylic Nails
If you decide to remove fake nails at home, you will need the following supplies;
- Nail Clippers
- Acetone or Non-acetone Nail Polish Remover
- A Towel
- Nail File & Buffer
- Orange Stick
- Cotton Pads & Aluminum Foil
- Option: Shellac Remover Wraps
The general process is really similar to how you would remove shellac nail polish or regular nail polish, there are just a few extra steps.
The Best Way to Get Acrylic Nails Off
1. First, you're going to have to clip your nails to get rid of the fake nail tips. Cut off as much of the fake nail as you can!
2. Then file the top coat off. Remember, that these are fake nails, and by filing just the very top, you will not be damaging your own nails. You could use an electric nail file.
3. Apply cuticle oil on your nail surroundings and soak your fingers in a bowl of acetone for 12-16 minutes.
4. Soak the cotton pads in some nail polish remover, put it on your fingernail, and wrap it with an aluminum foil square.
5. Apply the cotton pads to each of your fingernails. Remember, the longer it stays on your nail, the better it dissolves and breaks apart the acrylic nail.
6. Unwrap your finger and start to peel off the fake acrylic nail. Use either tweezers or a cuticle stick.
7. If it is hard to remove the fake nails, scrub them with acetone soaked cotton pads again, or dip your hands in the bowl for another 5 minutes.
8. Use the orange stick to get everything out from underneath your fingernails.
9. Once you finally get everything off, use the buffer to smooth out your nail.
10. Apply cuticle oil and moisturize your skin. I use CND Solar Oil.
Hope this answered your question of "how to take fake nails off". That is all it takes, the process is
If you are interested in doing a manicure yourself, check out my shellac nail kit review!